The VB45-PB Bearing Isolator provides permanent bearing protection for pillow blocks.
The Inpro/Seal VB45-PB™ Bearing Isolator is specifically designed for pillow block applications. Its unique design fits directly into the pillow block LER groove and solves the problem of angular misalignment by aligning precisely to the shaft and not to the housing, ensuring a perfect sealing solution for permanent bearing protection on pillow blocks.
Features and Benefits
- XX Interface – unique stator/rotor interface provides IP66 rated permanent protection against contamination ingress
- Contamination Chamber – collects contaminants trying to enter the bearing housing and expels them through the expulsion port through centrifugal force and gravity
- D Groove – captures oil on the shaft and returns it to the bearing housing
- Coalescing Rings – blocks grease from traveling down the shaft into atmosphere
- VB45 Chamber – unique 45° chamber that houses the VBX® Ring and allows for a smaller overall length compared to other designs
- VBX Ring – blocks the transfer of vapor contamination created by heating/cooling of the bearing enclosure
The VB45-PB Bearing Isolator is available in two different installation methods, Pin and O-Ring Mount, to guarantee an effective sealing solution that is secure within the block, ensuring the stator doesn’t spin with the shaft. The Pin Mount installation method uses an anti-rotation pin affixed to the Bearing Isolator to secure it to the block. This method is recommended when shaft to bore misalignment can be an issue or is unknown. The O-Ring Mount installation method uses o-rings to secure the Bearing Isolator to the block. This method is recommended when there is minimal to no shaft to bore misalignment.
- Standard Material – Bearing Bronze
- Axial Movement – 0.51 mm (0.020 in.)
- Radial Movement – 0.38 mm (0.015 in.)
- Temperature Range – -26°C (-15°F) to 204°C (400°F)
- Speed – 10,000 sfpm
- Standard Overall Length – Overall length varies depending on axial restrictions
- Shaft Size – 15.88 mm (0.625 in.) to 381 mm (15.000 in.)
Consult an Inpro/Seal representative for operating conditions outside of limits shown.
Inpro/Seal is committed to making sure you have the right technology, right when you need it. We know that time is money. That’s why we offer same-day shipments on most Bearing Isolators, even new and custom designs. If you require same-day shipments on an Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolator, contact your local Inpro/Seal Representative.