STS Bearing Isolator
A superior sealing solution for applications with flooded shafts.
Applications with flooded shafts, specifically gearboxes and pumps, are some of the most difficult applications to seal. Non-contacting seals cannot effectively seal pressure, allowing oil to leak to atmosphere. Contact seals are the preferred sealing method; however, they lose effectiveness in a short period of time due to wear. Purged seals are another option, but they can be expensive to purchase and maintain.
The Inpro/Seal STS Bearing Isolator effectively seals applications with flooded shafts through innovative design and technology. Its unique design combines a contact seal with Inpro/Seal’s patented XX Interface to protect against contamination ingress and lubrication loss. To increase seal life expectancy, the contact seal rides on an precision stainless steel rotor, creating a consistent sealing surface and decreasing wear.
- Standard Material – Bearing Bronze and 416 Stainless Steel
- Axial Movement – 0.13 mm (0.005 in.)
- Radial Movement – 0.38 mm (0.015 in.)
- Temperature Range – -26°C (-15°F) to 121°C (250°F)
- Pressure – 0.34 bar (5 psi)
- Speed – up to 5,000 sfpm depending on application
- Standard Overall Length – 19.05 mm (0.750 in.), 22.86 mm (0.900 in.)
- Shaft Size – 15.88 mm (0.625 in.) to 381 mm (15.000 in.)
Consult an Inpro/Seal representative for operating conditions outside of limits shown.