The AM Food Grade shaft seal eliminates product loss on food industry equipment.
The Inpro/Seal AM Food Grade is a permanent Air Mizer shaft seal design constructed of FDA approved material for product applications within food processing industries. Designed to last the lifetime of your equipment, the unique design of the AM Food Grade shaft seal is maintenance free with no wearing parts. The patented throttle/stator interface fully articulates to accommodate radial run-out, axial movement and angular misalignment simultaneously.
Features and Benefits
- FDA Materials – allows for use in food industries
- Internal Chamber – pressurizes sealing medium and directs it to the throttle
- Opti-Mizer Throttle – pressurizes and efficiently distributes the sealing medium evenly around the circumference of the shaft, creating a positive purge
- Throttle/Stator Interface – fully articulates to accommodate radial run-out, axial movement and angular misalignment simultaneously
- Optional Designs/Features:
- USDA – constructed of 3A certified materials and designed to meet USDA construction standards for use in meat, milk and dairy industries
- DS – unique design for applications with a tight clearance between multiple shafts
- ATEX – ATEX certified design for use in explosive environments like sugar and flour
- Standard Material – Stainless Steel
- Axial Movement – unlimited
- Radial Movement – 3.00 mm (0.118 in.)
- Temperature Range – -29°C (-20°F) to 93°C (200°F)
- Speed – 1,800 rpm
- Product Pressure – 2.07 bar (30 psi)
- Shaft Size – 25.40 mm (1.000 in.) to 254 mm (10.000 in.)
Consult an Inpro/Seal representative for operating conditions outside of limits shown.
Ready to Get Started?
Count on us to improve equipment reliability and process efficiency with complete shaft sealing solutions. Our experienced sales and engineering team can design a custom engineered shaft seal to fit the exact requirements of your equipment and operating environment.