Protect Against Stray Shaft Currents and Contamination in Harsh Environments
For severe-duty VFD-driven equipment, the Inpro/Seal Smart MGS®, combines proven shaft grounding solutions with patented Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolator technology for complete bearing protection against harmful stray shaft currents, contamination ingress and lubrication loss.
The Inpro/Seal MGS’s innovative design significantly increases long term grounding effectiveness while offering superior contamination protection.
Complete Bearing Protection
The Smart MGS utilizes a compound labyrinth seal design, isolated conductive filaments and a conductive bronze rotor to divert stray shaft currents away from the bearings while permanently protecting against contamination ingress and lubrication loss.
Its innovative design prevents contamination or lubrication from decreasing shaft grounding performance while providing a consistent contact surface for the conductive filaments to reduce wear and eliminate conduction inhibiting oxidation from forming on the shaft.
To learn more, watch the Smart Shaft Grounding video.
Features and Benefits
- Smart Terminal – connects to the Smart Ground Monitor to provide condition monitoring
- XX Interface – unique stator/rotor interface provides IP66 rated permanent protection against contamination ingress
- VBX® Ring – blocks the transfer of vapor contamination created by heating/cooling of the bearing enclosure
- D-Groove and Grease Band – provides protection against lubrication loss for both grease and oil lubricated applications
- Isolated Conductive Filaments – protected from contamination while providing a low impedance path to ground for shaft currents, away from the bearings
- Bronze Rotor – promotes premium grounding performance through consistent contact with conductive filaments, preventing conduction inhibiting oxidation from forming on the shaft
- Standard Material – Bearing Bronze
- Axial Movement – 0.13 mm (0.005 in.)
- Radial Movement – 0.38 mm (0.015 in.)
- Temperature Range – -26°C (-15°F) to 204°C (400°F)
- Speed – 10,000 sfpm
- Standard Overall Length – 19.78 mm (0.775 in.), 22.86 mm (0.900 in.)
- Shaft Size – 15.88 mm (0.625 in.) to 1220 mm (48.000 in.)
Consult an Inpro/Seal representative for operating conditions outside of limits shown.
Inpro/Seal is committed to making sure you have the right technology, right when you need it. We know that time is money. That’s why we offer same-day shipments on Smart Shaft Grounding products, even new and custom designs. If you require same-day shipments on an Inpro/Seal Bearing Isolator, contact your local Inpro/Seal representative.
Additional Grounding Solutions
To increase reliability on VFD-driven equipment, check out our additional Smart Shaft Grounding Solutions:
Ready to Get Started?
Count on us to improve VFD-driven equipment reliability by diverting harmful shaft currents to ground, away from the bearings. Our Smart Shaft Grounding solutions combine proven technology with innovative features to ensure superior bearing protection.