Decrease Equipment Downtime by Protecting Against Stray Shaft Currents
Improve the reliability of VFD-driven motors, or coupled equipment, by protecting bearings from harmful stray shaft currents with the Inpro/Seal Smart CDR®, the next generation of shaft grounding technology.
Innovative Features. Proven Technology.
The Smart CDR utilizes proprietary conductive filaments to protect bearings from harmful shaft currents by providing a low impedance path to ground, diverting them safely away from the bearings.
Its innovative sleeve provides a consistent contact surface for the conductive filaments, reducing wear and making the Smart CDR less susceptible to grounding ineffectiveness caused by shaft conditions, contamination or conduction inhibiting oxidation.
To learn more, watch the Smart Shaft Grounding video.
Features and Benefits
- Conductive Filaments – provides shaft currents a path to ground, away from the bearings
- Shaft Sleeve – promotes premium grounding performance through consistent contact with conductive filaments; prevents conduction inhibiting oxidation from forming on the shaft
- Conductive O-Rings – maintain s conductivity for shaft currents
- Smart Terminal – connects to the Smart Ground Monitor, providing condition monitoring
- Standard Material – Bearing Bronze
- Axial Movement – 0.13 mm (0.005 in.)
- Radial Movement – 0.64 mm (0.025 in.)
- Temperature Range – -65°C (-85°F) to 232°C (450°F)
- Speed – 10,000 sfpm
- Standard Overall Length – 8.98 mm (0.350 in.)
- Shaft Size – 15.88 mm (0.625 in.) to 508 mm (20.000 in.)
Consult an Inpro/Seal representative for operating conditions outside of limits shown.
Equipment designs are all unique. Therefore, we offer multiple mounting configurations to provide easy installation to fit your equipment, requiring no need for equipment modifications.
Inpro/Seal is committed to making sure you have the right technology, right when you need it. We know that time is money. That’s why we offer same-day shipments on Smart Shaft Grounding products, even new and custom designs. If you require same-day shipments on Inpro/Seal Smart Shaft Grounding products, contact your local Inpro/Seal representative.
Additional Grounding Solutions
To increase reliability on VFD-driven equipment, check out our additional Smart Shaft Grounding Solutions:
Ready to Get Started?
Count on us to improve VFD-driven equipment reliability by diverting harmful shaft currents to ground, away from the bearings. Our Smart Shaft Grounding solutions combine proven technology with innovative features to ensure superior bearing protection.